Wednesday 5 December 2012

Starting new traditions


We started many new traditions this Thanksgiving! My favorite was our Thankful Tree. It is important to remind our children what Thanksgiving is all about.
Kaleigh (4 1/2 years old) loved sitting with me and talking about the things she was thankful for. As she would tell me I would write it on a leaf to be put on our tree. We then used washable paint on our big window to paint a tree (we didn't have any brown paint but she didn't seem to mind). Each person in the family was given a branch and wrote down the things/people/places they are thankful for.

On a crabby day I would bring Kaleigh and Lilly to the tree and read them the leaves. They would some times add things they were thankful for so they would be added to the tree. Attitudes would generally improve after being reminded of that the things they needed to be thankful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment