Monday 24 December 2012

Quick Cookies

Hopefully everyone has their holiday baking well in hand.  But if you just happen to have forgotten you need to bring something to that party tonight... I'm going to share my go-to quick cookie recipes. 
I made both of these two recipes a few weeks ago when I needed to bake cookies in just a couple hours between activities.  Both recipes are five ingredients or less, and cook in just a few minutes at 350 degrees, but are delicious!

Cakemix Cookies
I first learned of these while reading the Hannah Swenson mysteries.  If you like quick, light mysteries and baking I highly recommend the series. I've made these in lemon and chocolate, next up will be red velvet and funfetti. 

1 box of cakemix (any flavor)
1 tub of whipped topping (8oz, I use coolwhip)
1 egg
I already cracked the egg here.

Beat the egg in a bowl.  Add all other ingredients and mix well in a large bowl. 

Roll into small balls (these are super sticky) and then in a bowl of powdered sugar.  Place onto a cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.  Cool and enjoy.  Makes about 4doz, depending on size.



More or Less Peanut Butter Cookies
These come from my friend Samantha's blog The Cluttered Table.  The blog is down now, but perhaps she'll start up again sometime.  They are a family recipe that she was kind enough to share with us all.

1 egg
1cup sugar
1cup peanut butter
chocolate chips (optional)
Hersey's kisses (optional)


Mix egg and sugar in a bowl.  Stir in peanut better until well blended.  Add in chocolate chips if desired.  The dough should be slightly oily, but not overly so, or sticky.

Roll with your hands into walnut size balls and place onto a cookie sheet.  Press down with a fork to create that classic peanut butter cookie look. 

Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350degrees.  Move immediately to wax or parchment paper to cool so that they don't stick to the cookie sheet.  Place the Hershey's kiss on top while still hot.  (I use the chocolate chips but skip the kisses personally.)  Enjoy while warm or cool.




I hope these recipes help when you need a quick but yummy homemade treat.   The great thing is they bake at the same temp for about the same time.  I love it when things work our like that!






No comments:

Post a Comment